What are Veneers?
A custom made medical-grade porcelain, ceramic or resin shell, a veneer is designed to match the tone of the patient’s natural tooth to fix MINOR cosmetic issues. Some enamel is removed from the patient's natural tooth to provide a surface for the veneer to adhere to. These extremely thin shells fix issues including gaps in the teeth, damaged or stained enamel and crooked teeth.
- ONLY the front surface is reduced.
- When done properly look esthetic.
- Very technique sensitive for dental professional & lab technitian.
- Less durable than crowns.
- Very delicate and can break.
- Enamel needs to be clean of any previous fillings
- If insufficient clean enamel can compromise the Bond strength.
- If any of them is lost, it’s very difficult to re-match.
- If insufficient tooth structure is removed Veneer can look Bulky and unesthetic and also cause Receiding gums .